|Appearance||Clear, free of suspended matters||-||-|
|pH range 20% aqueous||-||-||6.5 to 9.0|
|Conductivity 20% aqueous||% wt.||max||15|
|Basicity as DMA||ppm||max||10|
|Acidity as Formic acid||ppm||max||5|
|DMAC impurity in DMF||ppm||max||100|
|Density||gm/cc||at 20oC||0.946 to 0.949|
|Refractive index||at 20oC||1.4270 to 1.4285|
Stainless steel road tankers, 200 kg HM HDPE drums.
1. DMF is widely used in the production and processing of polymers,Spinning solvent for polyacrylonitrile fibre and polyurethane fibre (spandex) and processing solvent for production of polyurethane artificial and synthetic leather.
2. DMF is used for the separation and refining of acetylene from crude olefin gas.
3. DMF is used in extracting butadiene from the C4 distillate obtained by naptha cracking, etc. and in separating isoprene from C5 distillate.
4. Used as a solvent for recovery of H2S or SO2 or elimination of HCl, Cl, HBr etc. in hydrocarbons.
5. DMF is also used in extracting solvent of aromatic hydrocarbons in petroleum refining.
6. Gases like acetylene that are difficult to liquefy and handle safely can be stored and transported easily by dissolving them in DMF with a porous carrier solid (Ex. Calcium Silicate).
7. DMF is widely used as a solvent for reaction. Generally acetylation, chlorination, sulfonation and various condensation and polymerization reactions are among those where DMF is used as a solvent.
8. It is an excellent solvent for sulfonamide, vitamins, nitrofuran, quinoline,adrenaline, amine chlorides, etc. It is widely used in the production of pharmaceuticals as a reaction solvent, extracting solvent and crystallizing bath.
9. DMF easily dissolves basic dye pigments nitroso pigments, phthalocyanine pigments, azo pigments and acid dye metal salts. It is also used as a solvent of colouring agent or an infiltrating ink for various films, wood,leather, resins etc.
10. DMF alone or as mixed with methylene chloride, is used as a remover of varnish or lacquers.
Pharmaceuticals, Dyestuff and Pigment, Polymers