Media Center

Media Center

RCF’s reports highest ever PBT of Rs. 516.17 crore in 2020-21

Rashtriya Chemicals and Fertilizers Ltd. (RCF) has reported the highest ever Profit Before Tax (PBT) of Rs. 516.17 crore for the year 2020-21 as compared to the PBT of Rs. 202.93 crore for the previous year registering a growth of more than 154%. The previous highest PBT was Rs. 509.63 crore in the year 2014-15.

Profit after tax for financial year ended 31st March 2021 surged to Rs. 373.11 crore from Rs 208.15 crore in previous year registering an increase of 79.25%, as the Company gained from improved energy efficiencies, improved productivity, better margins of industrial chemicals and reduction in finance cost.

Despite Revenue from operations being lower on account of lower gas prices resulting in lower subsidies of Urea, Company achieved revenue of Rs. 1138.48 crore during the year from its industrial chemicals segment which is highest ever since inception.

Annual EBIDTA grew by 22 % y-o-y to Rs. 865.66 crore.

Owing to settlement of back log of subsidy claims under special budget allocation by Government of India in the last quarter of the year, there has been a substantial reduction in subsidy receivables and receivables on urea imports on account of Government. This resulted in reduction in short term borrowings and subsequent reduction in finance cost by 24.49% y-o-y to Rs. 179.57 Crore from 237.82 Crore.

In addition to interim dividend of 12.00% already declared in February 2021, the Board has recommended a final dividend of 17.80%. Total dividend for the year is @ 29.80% which is highest ever dividend declaration in the history of the company.

Some of the other major achievements in the financial year 2020-21:

Yearly Highest Records:

  1. Highest ever sale of AN melt of 1.399 LMT is achieved (Previous best being 1.311 LMT in the year 2018-19).
  2. Highest ever yearly production of Tri Methyl Amine (TMA) of 2475 MT is achieved. (Previous best being 2416 MT in 2011-12)
  3. Yearly highest ever sale of 50,930 MT City compost is achieved. (Previous best being 40,329 MT in the year 2019-20).